Learn knowledge in nature environment
Located at the foot area of Hakone Nishiyama mountain with a magnificent view of Mt. Fuji, the facility contains Astronomical Observatory, Earth Science Museum and Planetarium, all opened to the public. You can learn many knowledges here about astronomy and dinosaurs.
There are staffs of the facility offering guide tour. Special programs are aired in the Planetarium including seasonal star sky, etc.
|Name||Incorporated Foundation of International Culture Exchange Committee, Gekko Astronomical Observatory|
|Address||1308-222, kuwahara, Kannami-cho, Tagata-gun, Shizuoka|
|Closed||– Thursday (open on holidays, will be closed on the next day of holidays, open everyday throughout August)
– New year holidays (Dec 26 to Jan 4)
|Business housrs||– Main building (Astronomical Observatory and Earth Science Museum ): 9:00-17:00 *Last admission time: 16:30
– Planetarium: from 14:00 on weekdays, from 14:00 and 16:00 on Saturday, Sunday and holidays (two times)
|Fee||– Gekko Astronomical Observatory
Adult 400yen, child (under the age of middle school) 200 yen
* Children under age 4 are not allowed to enter
– Main building of Astronomical Observatory, Earth Science Museum
|Getting there||– By car
Approx. 30 minutes from Numazu IC via Route 1.
Approx. 20 minutes rom Izu-chuou Road via Kannami Road and Kannami Station.
– By train
|Parking lot||3 spaces for bus, 50 spaces for normal size car, free to use.|
|Contact||Tel. 055-979-1428 (reception 9:00-17:00)|
* Please make sure the info you see is the latest in advance.